STEP UP FOR AFRICA SPONSORED WALK 2017
Generation for Change & Development (GENCAD) is pleased to announce the date for our next sponsored walk: Step Up for Africa Sponsored Walk.
The aim of this year’s event is to economically empower 100 women by providing them £250 micro-loan to start or boost their existing business.
Numerous studies have shown the importance of Women Economic Empowerment. According to the world bank;
- Women reinvest a much higher portion in their families and communities than men
- When income is in the hands of the mother, the survival probability of a child increases by about 20% in Brazil and in Kenya a child will be 17% taller since mothers reinvest more of their income in health and nutrition.
- Agricultural productivity could be raised by as much as 20%
- The walk will be on Sunday 30th April 2017, from Mile End Park to Little Venice(7.5Miles) via the beautifully scenic Regent’s Canal, London.
- All you need is commitments, energy, and a good pair of old walking shoes!